Saturday, September 20, 2008

The end of the first month

Last week was the end of the first month of my new career at the Holden NICU at the University of Michigan. May I just say again for the hundreth time, I'm so very glad to be back. Everyone should be able to work at a job where they enjoy the work, their co-workers and the way people are treated overall.

Last week was voting time for the new contract between the University and nursing. It was ratified by the membership as of yesterday and for me this is good news as I will be getting a pay increase when all is said and done.

On the home front things have been a bit up and down. Caitlin had her purse stolen out of her car while at an apartment complex. She lost her camera (it had been a Christmas present), MP3 player, ATM card, debit card and spare set of car keys. I found out about the whole thing while riding the bus from the parking lot to get to work Tuesday morning. She was sobbing hysterically and I couldn't understand what she was saying. Me, I tried to stay calm enough to talk her down so I could find out what had happened. She still hasn't gotten her driver's license replaced but the bank stuff has been taken care of and nothing was taken from the accounts. Today she and I went and got a camera and MP3 player to replace the stolen. Hopefully she'll start keeping closer tabs on where her stuff is. I'm sure the purse won't get left in the car anymore.

No comments: