Its now August 30. As you might have noticed, I started to write this a week ago and another very long week happened. The long awaited job at the University of Michigan has begun. Actual time spent sitting in lectures, 6 days; time in the unit doing modules, 8 hours; time taking care of a patient, 12 hours. That should end up close to 9 days worth of stuff. It may sound awful but its really been great.
The number of things that have changed in the 7 months that I've been gone are few, the number of new nurses that have started in that time are many. I've gotten soooo many hugs and smiles! Its such a good feeling to know that I am wanted and welcomed back. I'm back home so to speak.
I have 6 days off and return to work Thursday evening. That's the beginning of 5 nights in a row and also the start of the real unit orientation. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment